In order to address the school diversity, the Guidance Department provides reinforcement and psycho-pedagogical advice that facilitates a better learning process and a good personal growth of our students.
It is aimed at students, teachers, and parents who are part of our educational community.
- Collaborate in the prevention of learning difficulties of students, prioritizing those who may need some special attention.
- To follow up and provide individualized service to students with specific educational needs, inside and outside the classroom and paying close attention to their corresponding Individualized Plans.
- To favour the process of integration and welcome of foreign students and their families.
- Collective tests to follow up the class group and also as a preventive measure for possible learning difficulties.
Technical support for teachers
- To guide the educational teaching activity, accompanying the teachers in the exercise of their tutorial function at an individual level and at a group or family level.
- Advise the teaching team at all stages of education: individually with periodic individual and group interviews, by attending and taking part in the different meetings (stage, staff and evaluation meetings).
- Collaborate with the teaching staff in the preparation of the School’s documents. (P.E.C. y P.C.C.)
Guidance and advice of the tutorial action
- Coordinate the follow-up of the reinforcement and re-education groups with the teachers involved.
- To help the tutor in the vocational and professional orientation of the students.
- Coordinate external services that help students work together: EAP, CREDA, private psychology, speech therapy, etc.
- Evaluation of the results of collective tests of the class group and to establish the appropriate psych pedagogical intervention according to the students’ needs.